Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mindy Kaling Says Little Women Need To Wear Big Jewelry...Makes Perfect Sense

I've always thought petite women needed to wear larger jewelry.  Even if it's only one piece like a bracelet or a statement necklace.  Alas, many smaller girls insist on wearing "why bother" gems that get lost on their bod's.

Mindy Kaling, from The Office and The Mindy Project, says..."I have an overtly 'new money' aesthetic -- I am the child of immigrants after all!" admits Massachusetts native Kaling. "I like jewelry that's big. I like conspicuous jewelry!" "For the most part, I like for my jewelry to make me feel dainty -- not the other way around."  That makes perfect sense to me.  Obviously, her Dartmouth degree is in Defensible Image Shopping and Acquisition of Overly Expensive Goods.

As the actress explains, her collection of baubles is so impressive that it often attracts extra attention. "At the airport, it takes me 30 minutes to get through security with all of my jewelry," jokes the star, 33. One of Kaling's favorite pieces in her collection is a vintage rose gold 1968 Rolex oyster watch.

18K Rose Gold Day Date President's Rolex Watch, circa 1973, $14,950.
1stdibs


1 comment:

Blogger said...

LuxerWatches is selling authentic luxury brand name watches, with authentic watches listed with a 75% discount.